Family Empowerment Workshop
Addiction is a family disease, and we want families to heal together. Our one-day Family Empowerment Workshop is an interactive and educational experience designed to help families learn how to recover from the disease of addiction. The workshop will integrate the concepts from the bestseller The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz to provide practical tools for personal growth. Our workshop provides families with support, education and resources to promote healthy boundaries and self-care.
After completing the workshop, family members will gain a better understanding of how to establish healthy patterns related to self-care while supporting their loved one in recovery. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- What is Addiction
- The Parallel Process of Recovery
- Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
- Strengthening Communication Skills
- The Effect of Addiction on Self-Care
- Rebuilding Trust
- Next Steps
- Confidence that Recovery is Possible
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who have a loved one with active addiction
- Individuals who have a loved one in recovery
- Parents, spouses, partners, siblings, children, etc.
- Individuals must be 16 years or older
The workshop is offered on alternating Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- November 11
- December 9 and 16
You can register for the workshop by calling Tina Muller at 860-362-5068 or by emailing: Tina.Muller@Mountainside.com