Family Empowerment Workshop
Addiction is a family disease, and we want families to heal together. Our three-day Family Empowerment Workshop is an interactive and educational experience designed to help families learn how to recover from the disease of addiction. The weekend-long workshop will integrate the concepts from the bestseller The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz to provide practical tools for personal growth. Our Workshop helps families understand how addiction has affected family dynamics and how to work together to return the family to a healthy balance.
After completing this workshop, participants will have a better understanding of how to interact with their loved ones after treatment and actively support their recovery in the long-term. Families who have participated in the workshop can expect to have:
- A Sense of Past, Present & Future — Discussing how the family worked together previously while creating an ideal vision for the family’s functioning
- Smoother Family Functioning — Learning practical new skills that will create a shift towards healthier functioning as a unit
- Knowing What to Do — Acquiring skills that will help put theory into action in the home environment
- An End to Old Behaviors — Identifying the ineffective ways family members had for coping with their loved one’s addiction and learning how to replace them with healthier coping mechanisms
- Confidence that Recovery Is Possible — Discovering the personal and family strengths that will help each family member overcome the challenges of addiction
Who should attend
- Individuals who have a loved one with an active addiction Individuals who have a loved one who was once addicted. (Since recovery is a life-long process, such individuals can also learn how to constructively support their loved one’s sobriety progress.)
- Parents, spouses/partners, siblings, children, etc.
- Individuals must be aged 14 years or older
The Workshop is offered for on alternating weekends, Friday through Sunday from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm (programming ending at 12:15 pm on Sunday). Each day is centered on a theme.
Days 1 & 2: Understanding Family Dynamics in Relation to The Four Agreements
- Examining family history and creating a vision of the future
- Setting expectations and processing hopes and fears
- Analyzing family roles
- Looking at the effects of addiction on self-care
- Maintaining healthy boundaries
- Learning healthy communication skills
Day 3: Recovery and Offering Hope Using The Four Agreements
- Rebuilding trust
- Discovering the importance of self-care
- Finding support at home
- Participating in smaller workshops for couples, parents, and siblings
Friday – Sunday, February 3, 4, 5
Friday – Sunday, February 17, 18, 19
Friday – Sunday, March 3, 4, 5
Friday – Sunday, March 17, 18, 19
Friday – Sunday, March 31, April 1, April 2
Friday – Sunday, March 14, 15, 16
Friday – Sunday, March 28, 29, 30
You can register for the workshop by calling 860 362 5230 or by emailing: Family.Wellness@mountainside.com.