Mountainside – Journey to Costa Rica
Deadline to sign up is February 10th!
May 7 – 14, 2017
Get ready for our first ever alumni trip abroad — Costa Rica!
We invite you to join us for eight sun-soaked days filled with life-changing adventure. This trip will take you on a journey to some of Costa Rica’s most beautiful beaches, hot springs, and breathtaking mountain ranges.
You will get to experience an array of fun, exciting activities. Take a tour of the rainforest at night to see the nocturnal side of Costa Rica’s exotic wildlife, go horseback riding along the springs, snorkel with sharks, and even explore one of the largest active volcanoes in the world at Poás Volcano National Park!
The trip is designed to challenge you to go beyond your perceived limitations. Join fellow Mountainside alumni in an unforgettable experience that merges adventure with spiritual enlightenment, including a chance to give back to a local Costa Rican community.
Don’t miss being a part of Mountainside’s first ever alumni destination trip!
For registration: click here
- May 7: Arrive and settle into the hotel. Enjoy a “Welcome Dinner” with the group.
- May 8: Canopy tours, Rio Negro river tubing, horseback riding, hot springs and more at Hacienda Guachipelin!
- May 9: Volunteer at Las Pumas Rescue Center and learn about how staff have been rehabilitating wildlife here since the early ’60s. In the afternoon, meet professionals interested in marine life and shark conservation from Misión Tiburón.
- May 10: Snorkel with Misión Tiburón and experience firsthand what you have learned from them the night before! In the afternoon, head to Arenal Springs.
- May 11: Learn about organic farming, plantations, and medical gardens at La Casona, an elegant, turn-of-the-century country home of former Costa Rican president Rafael Iglesias. It is considered one of the most-charming and authentic cultural sites in Costa Rica.
- May 12: Today is at your leisure to enjoy the hotel amenities or explore La Fortuna Town on your own. In the evening, enjoy a Night Walk tour to see the nocturnal side of Costa Rica’s wildlife.
- May 13: Head back to San Jose, with a stop at Poás Volcano National Park, the largest active crater in the world.
- May 14: You will be transferred to the airport for your international departure.
There will also be opportunities to do Qi Gong, Meditation and Empowerment Activities.