We motivate addicted teens, ages 15 to 17, to commit to change and practice positive decision making. Through substance abuse treatment, adolescent clients learn refusal strategies and coping skills crucial to maintaining sobriety in everyday situations. Our innovative adolescent program also offers families an invaluable opportunity to learn more about addiction and how to be a constructive partner in their teen’s recovery.
Adolescent 12-Week Program
- Twice weekly program (24 group sessions), Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00pm – 5:15pm.
- Weekly individual therapy sessions available (minimum of four individual sessions)
- Evidence-based curriculum addresses clients’ skill deficits or situational problems that may have led to and/or stem from substance abuse.
- Education on the effects of substances and management of environmental and emotional triggers
Parallel 12-Week Family Program
Parents or guardians participate in a 12-week psychoeducational program in tandem with their adolescent loved one. In a supportive environment, they learn how other parents and guardians have managed in similar situations. In family group sessions, they will learn:
- How to overcome addiction’s impact on family dynamics
- Practice effective communication and parenting techniques
- The importance of self-care