The longer you stay in treatment, the better the chances for long-term sobriety. During those early stages of recovery, a stable living environment can have a great positive impact on your long-term success. Whether you have completed detox, residential treatment, or quit on your own, exposing yourself to real-world settings too early can leave you vulnerable to triggers and negative influences that can challenge your sobriety. Our Extended Care Program is designed to help you build the strong foundation you need to transition to a productive and fulfilling life, free from substances.
In our structured yet supportive program, clients practice recently developed constructive behaviors while engaging with the wider community.
Our Extended Care program is built on four key elements that help pave the way for a smooth transition back to everyday life—Community Living, Outpatient Services, Work Therapy Program, and sober Trips and Adventures.
Clients live together in modern and spacious sober living houses that are within walking distance of Mountainside’s 24/7 recovery care and support. This enables clients to:
- Gain greater self-sufficiency
- Create a strong network of supporters who share common goals
- Practice daily self-care and develop healthy sober lifestyle habits
• Create a relapse prevention plan
• Recognize triggers and minimize risk
• Develop skills to support long-term recovery
Work Therapy Program
Clients work part-time at Mountainside-affiliated facilities, interacting with the local community in a real-world setting while remaining in a safe and sober environment. It provides opportunities to:
- Practice accountability, communication, and time and money management
- Re-enter work or school armed with new skills that are honed daily or learned through educational and skill-building workshops
Trips and Adventures
Clients participate in a variety of exciting sober activities that are designed to challenge them to go beyond their perceived limitations, discover their own path to enlightenment, face their fears, and appreciate the little things in life. These activities include:
- International Spiritual Retreat
- Kayaking, go-kart racing, hiking, etc.
- Mind, Body, Spirit wellness activities