Please note that updates are being added to this page with the most recent announcements at the top. You can check out our Directory of Virtual Support Groups & Events. Plus, there are some general resources at the bottom of this page, as well. If you have any questions, please call us using the telephone number at the top of this page. Thank you!
Regarding Concerns About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Mountainside prides itself in working to promote health and wellness. We acknowledge the public concern surrounding novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and are prioritizing efforts to protect the health of all individuals in our facilities. Please note that all in-person support groups and events are canceled until further notice. There are Virtual Support Groups and Events you can attend instead. More details below.
UPDATE | A Message to Our Community About COVID-19
UPDATE | Outpatient Services and Telehealth
Our Outpatient locations (Canaan, Chappaqua, Huntington, and Wilton) are still here for you! All locations will start providing telehealth-only services to make sure client recovery is supported. Current clients have already been or will be updated by their clinicians. Clients can reach out to their clinicians directly with any questions or concerns.
If you’re new to Mountainside and interested in exploring our remote Outpatient Services, you can click here and/or use the Call Button at the top of this page to talk to a specialist today.
Most private insurances are accepted. You can verify your benefits by clicking here.
UPDATE | Family Orientation and Visitation (Sundays)
In our continuous efforts to provide the best care we can for staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have stopped visitation for Residential clients, effective March 15th and until further notice. You can feel free to continue to leave messages for your loved ones using the Client Message Center.
Additionally, while in-person Family Orientation and Visitation is currently on hold, Mountainside will provide Virtual Visitation for loved ones. Once you are approved by Mountainside for Virtual Visitation and on the official visitation list, Virtual Visitation registration is required for participation. On the Friday before your Virtual Visit, you will be emailed with a Microsoft Teams meeting link, instructions, and the time of your appointment. On Sunday, at the time of your visit, just click the Microsoft Teams meeting link in that same email to start your Virtual Visit.
Please direct any questions to your primary clinician or the scheduling department.
UPDATE | Support Groups
For your safety, there won’t be in-person support groups until further notice. In an effort to keep the community connected, we’ve launched a series of Virtual Support Groups and Events. Unless otherwise noted, all virtual offerings are free and open to the general public. View our Virtual Support Groups & Events Directory.
UPDATE | Event Cancellations
Please note that all previously scheduled, in-person events at any Mountainside location are canceled until further notice.
Note From Mountainside Regarding Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
For 22 years as a leading addiction treatment center in the United States, Mountainside has worked to promote health and wellness among clients and staff. During this outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we remain committed to safeguarding the well-being of all in our facilities. Please be aware that we are taking the following safety precautions in response to recent concerns and events:
• Strengthening sanitation measures throughout our facilities with frequent sanitizing of workstations, computers, and phones in common work areas.
• Advising staff and visitors to prioritize their health and refrain from entering our facilities if they have exhibited fever symptoms.
• Empowering our clients and staff to stay informed regarding best practices in preventing the virus’s spread, including frequent hand-washing, frequent reminders to avoid touching your face, and more. See the CDC’s full list of Prevention Measures.
• For staff, putting official protocol in place for overall sanitation and prevention measures (as mentioned above), as well as instructions for reporting of symptoms and travel.
Please be advised that in order to continue to provide a safe and therapeutic atmosphere for all who walk through our doors, visitation policies may be impacted in light of new developments regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We’ll provide updates to that effect here with recent updates at the top.
For more information and national updates on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. For your convenience, please find some CDC quick-reference links below:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) FAQs
- Prevention & Treatment
- Cases in the U.S.
- People at Higher Risk
- All Coronavirus (COVID-19) CDC Topics
- COVID-19 At-home Mental Health Resource List (Shared Google doc)
- How to Boost Your Immune System (via Harvard Health)
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety (a toolkit from Shine)
- Internet Providers Offering Free Internet During Coronavirus Outbreak (via NY Daily News)
- Follow Mountainside on Instagram for Daily Workouts from Mountainside Wellness Coordinator, Leandro Carvalho