Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) FAQs
Mountainside is fully committed to taking all necessary measures to keep clients and staff healthy and safe. Please be aware that we are taking the following safety precautions in response to recent concerns and events:
• Implementing a thorough screening process based on CDC and WHO guidelines for prospective Detox and Residential clients prior to admission.
• Maintaining strong sanitation measures throughout our facilities with frequent sanitizing of workstations, computers, and phones in common work areas.
• Mask use is still mandatory for staff and visitors in all public (shared) areas.
• Advising staff to prioritize their health and refrain from entering our facilities if they have exhibited any symptoms.
• Empowering our clients and staff to stay informed regarding best practices in preventing the virus’s spread, including frequent handwashing, frequent reminders to avoid touching your face, and more. See the CDC’s full list of Prevention Measures.
In our continuous efforts to keep everyone at Mountainside as safe and healthy as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have stopped visitation for Residential clients, effective March 15th and until further notice. Loved ones can, of course, continue to leave messages using the Client Message Center (860-362-5096).
Although in-person Family Orientation and Visitation are currently on hold, Mountainside does provide Virtual Visitation for loved ones. Please direct any questions to your primary clinician or the scheduling department.
Beginning on October 16th, we will be bringing back onsite Family Orientation and Visitation on Sundays for our clients in Residential treatment. Feel free to contact Bruce Dechert, our Director of Family Wellness, if you have any additional questions.