About this Event
Shimmering Solstice at Old Westbury Gardens is an unforgettable walkthrough event of seasonal sights and sounds! Be prepared to be enchanted by magical light displays that are set along Old Westbury Gardens’ beautiful paths that will lead you through the world-famous Walled Garden, Rose Garden, South Lawn, and Allée.
Specially designed for Old Westbury Gardens by Lightswitch (a collective of internationally-recognized lighting, media, and visual designers), Shimmering Solstice will allow guests to experience what is familiar every day in a whole new shimmering light.
In a dramatic finale, an astonishing light and projection show will be displayed onto the south face of Westbury House.
Guests will have an opportunity to enjoy festive food and drinks, presented by Long Island’s Lessing Hospitality Group. Catholic Health is the presenting sponsor. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind event!
*This event is open to Mountainside Alumni and Guests
• 6:15 PM-6:30 PM: Check-in
• 6:30-7:00 PM: Food/Beverages & Fellowship
• 7:00 PM-8:00 PM: Tour of Shimmering Solstice
Food/Drinks available for Purchase
• There will be a selection of hot foods, hot and cold beverages, and assorted snacks provided by Lessing’s. To see the full menu, click here.
NOTE: Menu is subject to change. All food and beverage items will be available to purchase at the entrance to the event and select items will also be available to purchase along the illuminated trail. Only credit and debit cards will be accepted.
The path is not covered. Also remember, this is an outdoor illuminated event, and the weather may be inclement. Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear for winter.
Old Westbury Gardens Covid-Rules:
• Following CDC and New York State guidelines, visitors who are fully vaccinated may visit outdoor areas of Old Westbury Gardens without face coverings. All guests over age 2 must wear face coverings in indoor areas (at this time inside Café in the Woods and the public restrooms by the parking area.
• Visitors who are not fully vaccinated must wear face coverings when social distancing is not feasible.
Mandatory Virtual Forms: Both Forms MUST be signed BEFORE attending.
Form 1: Release Form
Form 2: Covid-19 Survey must be signed within 1 week of the event to ensure accuracy.