Recovery is a lifelong journey, and Mountainside is committed to being a partner to our alumni along the way. We provide a variety of ways for alumni to further their recovery, find support, guide others, and connect with those who share a desire to live a happy and healthy life free of addiction.
Alumni Events & Gatherings
Throughout the year, we plan a variety of events that support wellness and long-term recovery–from activities introduced to you at Mountainside, to our annual alumni retreat, as well as other new and novel opportunities to enjoy life sober. Some events are open to the greater recovery community as well as friends and family too.
- Alumni Share Night Speakers are alumni with at least six months of sobriety, who share personal stories of recovery with current Mountainside clients. To learn more or to share your story, please email us.
- Ambassadors are alumni with a year or more of continued sobriety who commit to helping new alumni transition to life outside of treatment. Ambassadors assist alumni in getting to meetings and establishing a support network in recovery. If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador, please email us.
- Outpatient Support Speakers are alumni with at least 6 months of sobriety, who share with our current outpatient clients how having a healthy support network is essential to on-going recovery. To learn more or to share your story, please email us.
- Share Your Story Contributors are alumni who inspire others with by sharing their recovery story with our blog readers. To share your story, please email us.
Mountainside hosts a weekly 12-Step speaker meeting that is open to everyone in the community.
- Alcoholics Anonymous at Mountainside — Fridays 7:30–8:30 p.m.
Alumni Share Night Dinner
Celebrate your recovery and inspire others at our Alumni Share ⎼ Sundays at 5PM
- Meet the current community
- Welcome the newest members of our alumni family
- Enjoy a delicious dinner together
- Attend the Alumni Share Night Meeting
To register, call Kendall Svanda, Alumni Coordinator, at 860 362 5243
Alumni Only Event