About This Scholarship
Addiction can impact people from all walks of life, regardless of age, race, sex, gender, or socioeconomic status. As part of our mission to end the stigma surrounding addiction and help those impacted by substance abuse lead happier, more fulfilling lives, we are offering the Mountainside Brighter Future College Scholarship. With this scholarship, we aim to help students pursue their dreams and passions. We know a brighter future starts with today’s youth and want to enable young people to overcome their struggles. Through a personal essay, applicants will share how their addiction or their loved one’s addiction has affected their life, raising awareness and highlighting the reality of this disease.
- Five $1,000 awards at the high school level
- Ten $500 awards at the college level
- Open to high school juniors & seniors living and enrolled in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New York, or New Jersey
- Open to undergraduate college students living and enrolled in schools on the East Coast and majoring in Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, or an equivalent major in the field of Human Services
How to Apply
- Complete and submit application
- Submit a 500 to 800 word essay that covers the following:
- How has your own or a loved one’s addiction affected you?
- How has it impacted your life in both a positive and negative way?
- How has it changed your perspective on the disease of addiction?
- How would receiving this scholarship help you in your future studies.
If you have any question regarding the Brighter Future College Scholarship, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submission
May 15, 2023
June 5, 2023 (Winners will be contacted by email and/or telephone)