Updates are being added to this page with the most recent announcements at the top. For context and to see our original "Note From Mountainside Regarding Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)" please scroll to our earliest update at the bottom of this page. You can find some general resources at the bottom of this page, too. Thank you and be well!
UPDATE | Outpatient Services and Telehealth
Added March 19, 2020 9:00 AM EST
Our Outpatient locations (Canaan, Chappaqua, Huntington, and Wilton) are still here for you! All locations will start providing telehealth-only services to make sure client recovery is supported. Current clients have already been or will be updated by their clinicians. Clients can reach out to their clinicians directly with any questions or concerns.
If you're new to Mountainside and interested in exploring our remote Outpatient Services, you can click here and/or use the Call Button at the top of this page to talk to a specialist today. Most private insurances are accepted. You can verify your benefits by clicking here.
UPDATE | Family Orientation and Visitation (Sundays)
Added March 14, 2020 1:22 PM EST | Updated March 18, 2020 4:14 PM EST
In our continuous efforts to provide the best care we can for staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have stopped visitation for Residential clients, effective March 15th and until further notice. You can feel free to continue to leave messages for your loved ones using the Client Message Center.
Additionally, while in-person Family Orientation and Visitation is currently on hold, Mountainside will provide Virtual Visitation for loved ones. Once you are approved by Mountainside for Virtual Visitation and on the official visitation list, Virtual Visitation registration is required for participation. On the Friday before your Virtual Visit, you will be emailed with a Microsoft Teams meeting link, instructions, and the time of your appointment. On Sunday, at the time of your visit, just click the Microsoft Teams meeting link in that same email to start your Virtual Visit. Please direct any questions to your primary clinician or the scheduling department.
UPDATE | Support Groups
Added March 13, 2020 at 3:24 PM EST | Updated March 18, 2020 at 10:40 AM EST
For your safety, there won't be in-person support groups until further notice. In an effort to keep the community connected, we are in the process of creating Virtual Support Groups that you can join from your computer or smartphone. Here's what's available now:
- Virtual Friends and Family Support Groups are set up for Wednesdays at 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM EST. You can learn more about those meetings here.
- As a replacement for our regular Recovery to Discovery peer-to-peer support groups, you can attend Virtual Recovery Support Group meetings hosted by Mountainside. These meetings start at 6:30 PM EST daily. Learn more here.
- In-person Young People's Step Meetings @ Mountainside Chelsea are canceled, but Intergroup is holding remote support groups via Zoom. More information under "5th Dimension Group" here.
- Virtual First Responders Support Group coming soon!
More to come! Stay tuned...
UPDATE | Event Cancellations
Started March 10, 2020 9:00 AM EST | Updated March 23, 2020 1:36 PM EST
• 3/11/20 | Friends and Family Support Group at Mountainside Wilton
• 3/11/20 | The Best of the Basics Cooking Class Presented by Midnight Meetloaf @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 3/11/20 | Recovery to Discovery: The Fun Has Just Begun! Having a Blast in Recovery @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 3/16/20 | Total Mind & Body Workout: Brazil Butt Lift (Cardio Sculpt) with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea (recurring; canceled until further notice)
• 3/16/20 | Qigong with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 3/17/20 | Young People's Step Meetings @ Mountainside Chelsea (recurring; canceled until further notice)
• 3/18/20 | Therapist & Coach Connection Hour | How to Believe That You Can Have a Successful Practice @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 3/18/20 | Recovery to Discovery Peer-to-Peer Support Group @ Mountainside Chelsea (recurring; canceled until further notice)
• 3/18/20 | All Friends & Family Support Groups @ multiple locations (recurring; canceled until further notice). You can join VIRTUAL Friends & Family meetings here.
• 3/19/20 | Restorative Yoga Class @ Mountainside Huntington
• 3/19/20 | Taco Fiesta in Chelsea (Alumni Event)
• 3/20/20 | Treating Trauma and Addiction Continuing Education Workshop @ Mountainside Huntington
• 3/23/20 | Total Mind & Body Workout: Bootcamp Interval Training with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 3/23/20 | Total Mind & Body Workout: Yoga & Meditation (All Levels) @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 3/25/20 | Addiction and Trauma Recovery Through an IPNB Perspective @ Mountainside Chappaqua
• 4/1/20 | Recovery to Discovery: Growing Up and Showing Up @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/4/20 | Listening to Trauma Relationally, Artistically and Clinically @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/6/20 | Rio Extreme Workout with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/6/20 | Yoga & Meditation (All Levels) @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/8/20 | Recovery to Discovery: An Attitude of Gratitude @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/13/20 | Brazil Butt Lift (Cardio Sculpt) with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/13/20 | Meatless Monday Dinner @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/13/20 | Qigong with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/14/20 | For Professionals: How Hep Can Harm Workshop @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/15/20 | Recovery To Discovery: Transformation of Self-Destruction to Self-Esteem @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/20/20 | Bootcamp Interval Training with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/20/20 | Yoga & Meditation (All Levels) @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/22/20 | Recovery To Discovery: Imagine That - Creativity in Early Sobriety @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/22/20 | For Professionals: Creating a Private Pay Therapy Practice
• 4/24/20 | For Professionals: Emerging Adults and Addiction Treatment, It’s Time for a Change @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/27/20 | Secret Weapon Workout with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/27/20 | Good Vibrations with Leandro Carvalho @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/29/20 | Recovery To Discovery: Social Situations Sans Drugs & Libations @ Mountainside Chelsea
• 4/30/20 | JuggleFit @ Mountainside Chelsea
*All Alumni Share Nights are canceled until further notice.
Note From Mountainside Regarding Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Added Monday, March 9, 2020 at 9:35 AM EST
For 22 years as a leading addiction treatment center in the United States, Mountainside has worked to promote health and wellness among clients and staff. During this outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we remain committed to safeguarding the well-being of all in our facilities. Please be aware that we are taking the following safety precautions in response to recent concerns and events:
• Strengthening sanitation measures throughout our facilities with frequent sanitizing of workstations, computers, and phones in common work areas.
• Advising staff and visitors to prioritize their health and refrain from entering our facilities if they have exhibited fever symptoms.
• Empowering our clients and staff to stay informed regarding best practices in preventing the virus’s spread, including frequent hand-washing, frequent reminders to avoid touching your face, and more. See the CDC's full list of Prevention Measures.
• For staff, putting official protocol in place for overall sanitation and prevention measures (as mentioned above), as well as instructions for reporting of symptoms and travel.
Please be advised that in order to continue to provide a safe and therapeutic atmosphere for all who walk through our doors, visitation policies may be impacted in light of new developments regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We'll provide updates to that effect here with recent updates at the top.
For more information and national updates on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. For your convenience, please find some CDC quick-reference links below:
- COVID-19 At-home Mental Health Resource List (Shared Google doc)
- How to Boost Your Immune System (via Harvard Health)
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety (a toolkit from Shine)
- Internet Providers Offering Free Internet During Coronavirus Outbreak (via NY Daily News)
- Follow Mountainside on Instagram for Daily Workouts from Mountainside Wellness Coordinator, Leandro Carvalho