You might think that to maintain your sobriety you must become a hermit, but that is not the case. Although you might have to lose some friends who will hinder your recovery, you will make new ones who will support you in your journey.
Saying “no” to alcohol can be tough, especially if you are in the early stages of recovery, but one “no” could save your life.
1. Find an excuse for not drinking, like being the designated driver.
2. Try activities where drinking is not an option.
3. Reduce the pressure to drink alcohol by drinking a mocktail instead.
4. Avoid temptation by inviting your friends over for a sober night in.
5. Stay strong by staying in touch with your sponsor and support group.
If you feel that you or someone you know has a problem, we are here to help. Reach out to Mountainside by calling 888 833 4676.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, Mountainside can help.
Click here or call (888) 833-4676 to speak with one of our addiction treatment experts.