E-Cigarette Key Facts
- One Juul pod equals 200 cigarette puffs, which is the case as one pack of cigarettes.
- Approximately 3.6 Million teens currently use e-cigarettes - that's over 17 percent of teens in the United States
- Juul currently makes up 70 percent of the electronic cigarette market share.
- Between July 2017 and October 2018, the amount of young individuals between 18 and 21 years old who have tried Juul increased more than 400 percent.
- Of teens and young adults, 56 percent report that they were younger than 18 years old when tried Juul.
- Juul delivers nicotine upwards of 2.7 times faster than other e-cigarettes.
- Juul e-liquid contains 5 percent nicotine by volume, which is more than double other e-cigarettes.
- Teens who consume nicotine at an early age may suffer from loss of memory, inability to focus, increased sensitivity to other substances, and greater impulsivity.
Top Reasons for Juuling
- 47 percent say they use Juul because their friends use them too.
- 41 percent use Juul due to social media influence.
- 29 percent say they Juul for the wide array of flavors.
- 25 percent use Juul because they believe it is less harmful than other tobacco products.
- 21 percent say they Juul to get a buzz.
- 9 percent say they were lured by TV ads.
Where Teens Are Buying Juul
- 74 percent of youth are reported to have purchased Juul from a store.
- 52 percent state that they obtained Juul from a peer or a family member.
- 6 percent claim they bought Juul from an online source.
Alcoholism and drug addiction negatively affect every aspect of your life. If you or a loved one is struggling, call 888 833 4676. Our team of addiction experts is ready to help you reclaim your life.
The Benadryl Challenge, TripTok, and #Ket: Taking a Closer Look at TikTok and Drug Use Among Generation Z
With recent TikTok trends like the Benadryl Challenge, TripTok, and #Ket, many parents are wondering if there is a larger drug use problem facing Gen Z.
To Juul or Not to Juul?
Is it safe to vape? Is JUUL safer than cigarettes? Learn everything you need to know about vaping so you can make an informed decision on whether or not you should vape.