E-Cigarette Key Facts
- One Juul pod equals 200 cigarette puffs, which is the case as one pack of cigarettes.
- Approximately 3.6 Million teens currently use e-cigarettes - that's over 17 percent of teens in the United States
- Juul currently makes up 70 percent of the electronic cigarette market share.
- Between July 2017 and October 2018, the amount of young individuals between 18 and 21 years old who have tried Juul increased more than 400 percent.
- Of teens and young adults, 56 percent report that they were younger than 18 years old when tried Juul.
- Juul delivers nicotine upwards of 2.7 times faster than other e-cigarettes.
- Juul e-liquid contains 5 percent nicotine by volume, which is more than double other e-cigarettes.
- Teens who consume nicotine at an early age may suffer from loss of memory, inability to focus, increased sensitivity to other substances, and greater impulsivity.
Top Reasons for Juuling
- 47 percent say they use Juul because their friends use them too.
- 41 percent use Juul due to social media influence.
- 29 percent say they Juul for the wide array of flavors.
- 25 percent use Juul because they believe it is less harmful than other tobacco products.
- 21 percent say they Juul to get a buzz.
- 9 percent say they were lured by TV ads.
Where Teens Are Buying Juul
- 74 percent of youth are reported to have purchased Juul from a store.
- 52 percent state that they obtained Juul from a peer or a family member.
- 6 percent claim they bought Juul from an online source.
Alcoholism and drug addiction negatively affect every aspect of your life. If you or a loved one is struggling, call 888 833 4676. Our team of addiction experts is ready to help you reclaim your life.