What if I told you that anything was possible? That all your hopes and dreams could become a reality? That if you ignored that voice in your mind that tells you that you are not good enough or that you can’t do something, that you could reach your fullest potential?
Over the last year, I have made significant changes to my life by becoming clear on what I want to achieve for myself. I began to work on my thinking, health, and the circle that I surround myself with.
Here are some of the things that I have incorporated into my life over the past year:
- Start each day by making a gratitude list.
- Choose a mantra for the day. Speak in the present tense. Say it and repeat it as needed.
- Start a journal. Write out all the intentions for your life. Use as much detail as possible and speak as though it is already happening to you.
- Set a goal. Find a partner and tell them your goal. Follow up with each other. Be accountable.
- Get moving! It doesn’t matter what you do, just do something.
- Make conscience choices when you are eating. You don’t have to give up everything you love, but trying to choose healthier options when you can.
- Take a time out. Meditate, take some deep breaths or listen to something that relaxes you. This can be at the same time each day, or it can be anytime you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Listen to or read a book. Don’t read just any book, but a self-help book, a book about something that inspires you to move towards your goals and reach your full potential.
- Allow yourself time to rest. You don’t always have to be doing something. It is okay to do nothing, to sit and just be.
- Surround yourself with people who are working on bettering themselves. You become who you surround yourself with. Find some positive people.
- Don’t stop trying. If you fail at something, there is always a lesson. Stumbling blocks are part of everyone’s life. If it is something you really want, keep working at it.
- End each day in gratitude by making a list.