The Mountainside Learning Institute’s Recovery Coach Training program aims to provide 50 hours of foundational training required for both the CARC and CRPA.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy | 30 credit hours | $550
Begin a fulfilling, new career in addiction treatment and recovery with Mountainside Learning Institute’s Recovery Coach Training program. Training starts with CCAR Recovery Coach Academy’s 5-day curriculum that equips you with vital skills to successfully mentor those seeking to conquer addiction and attain lasting recovery. Under the expert guidance of Mountainside recovery coaches Zachary Cohn and Alex Lahr, you’ll master the art of active listening, pose thought-provoking questions, and unlock your potential to helping others triumph over addiction.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing stories
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical issues regarding boundaries
- Experience wellness planning in recovery
- Practice newly acquired skills
Recovery Coach Academy Course Dates:
- This is a 30-hour course, over five days:
- September 18, 2023, Monday, 9:30am – 4:30pm ET
- September 19, 2023, Tuesday, 9:30am – 4:30pm ET
- September 20, 2023, Wednesday, 9:30am – 4:30pm ET
- September 26, 2023, Tuesday, 9:30am – 4:30pm ET
- September 27, 2023, Wednesday, 9:30am – 4:30pm ET
- Each day starts at 9:30 am and ends at 4:30 pm, with 3 breaks: morning break, lunch break and afternoon break.
- Cost is $550, plus fees.
- Registration Closed!
CCAR Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches | 16 credit hours | $350
Recovery coaching as a peer-to-peer recovery support services has grown exponentially over the past few years. The issue of ethical considerations has been discussed in many circles yet formal training has been lacking for recovery coaches. This 16 hour training addresses this critical need. Based on the widely used Ethical Guidelines for the Delivery of Peer-based Recovery Support Services by William White and PRO-ACT (2007), we designed this training to help coaches, and anyone else working in the peer role, to understand how critical it is to be ethically responsible. Using presentations, small group work, and role play to address many areas including: defining the coaching service role and functions, coaching standards, issues of vulnerability, ethical decision making, performance enhancement and legal issues.
Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches Course Dates:
- This is a 16-hour course, over two days:
- October 16, 2023, Monday, 9:30am – 5:30pm ET
- October 17, 2023, Tuesday, 9:30am – 5:30pm ET
- There are 3 breaks during each training day: morning break, lunch break and afternoon break.
- Cost $350, plus fees.
- Register Now!
Medication Supported Recovery | 4 credit hours | $100
Medication Supported Recovery (MSR) is now part of the landscape of addiction treatment modalities and recovery pathways. This 4 hour workshop presents peer recovery professionals with a modern approach to utilizing prescribed medications in supporting people in their recovery journeys. You begin by exploring potential personal biases that may act as barriers in upholding the values and principles of being an effective recovery coach. Along with traditional therapies and recovery pathways, you also examine the field of harm reduction and alternative therapies. By deepening understanding of the purpose and benefits of each modality, you learn to eliminate stigma, extend your knowledge of recovery resources, and better advocate for clients.
Medication Supported Recovery Course Date:
- November 15, 2023, Wednesday, 10:00am – 2:30pm ET
- Cost $100, plus fees.
- Register Now!
Our certified trainers, Zachary Cohn, CARC, CRPA and Alex Lahr, CARC, CRPA are active Mountainside Recovery Coaches and they’ll guide you through the entire credentialing process to obtain CARC and/or CRPA certifications.