2. Alcohol is a depressant. While you may initially feel less stressed or happy, these feelings will eventually wear off, leaving you feeling sad or anxious.
3. Drinking lowers your inhibitions and increases impulsivity, which can cause you to do something you will regret.
4. Alcohol is expensive. Just think of all the money you could save if you stopped drinking.
5. Drinking increases your chances of being involved in an accident, placing your life and that of others at risk.
6. Alcohol takes a toll on your physical appearance. It can cause you to gain weight, damage your skin, weaken your hair, and make you appear older than you are.
7. It can damage your relationships with others.
8. By giving up alcohol, you will have to find new places to socialize in, other than a bar, which can open you up to new, exciting activities.
9. No more alcohol means more painful hangovers that leave you stuck in bed all day.
10. Your quality of sleep will improve.
11. Alcohol can lead to liver diseases such as hepatitis or even liver cirrhosis.
12. It increases your risk of developing cancer.
13. Despite popular belief, alcohol is bad for your heart.
14. Alcohol can affect brain structure, affecting both short and long-term memory.
15. You will have more energy.
16. Alcohol can impact your performance at work or school.
17. You will learn to be confident without alcohol.
18. You will be able to remember your nights with friends without having to piece it together from photos posted online.
19. Alcohol only masks problems, it doesn’t solve them. Sobriety can help you address them head-on.
20. Alcohol takes control away from you.
21. You may inspire others around you to take an honest look at their drinking habits.
22. You will make new sober friends.
23. Life is more fun sober.
24. You’ll feel proud of making your well-being a priority.
25. Alcohol can kill you.