According to the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, a staggering 2.5 million people die worldwide each year under alcohol-related circumstances, and there are approximately 23 million Americans suffering from alcohol and/or drug dependency. No matter whether people are coping with their alcohol addiction in private or in plain sight, alcoholism is all around us.
Learning the signs can go a long way into helping yourself or someone you know get help. Let’s take a look at eight common signs of alcohol dependence.
If you or a loved one is struggling with alcoholism or drug addiction, we are here to help. Reach out to Mountainside by calling 888 833 4676.
- After drinking, alcoholics can’t remember what happened due to blacking out.
- They experience withdrawal symptoms when they don’t drink.
- They drink in the morning, are inebriated for long periods of time, and will drink alone.
- They drink in risky situations such as right before driving or when in charge of minors.
- One more is never enough.
- They rationalize their drinking to convince themselves that the drinking isn’t their fault.
- They lose their desire to attend any function or event if there will not be any alcohol there.
- Their hangovers have become more frequent and severe.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, Mountainside can help.
Click here or call (888) 833-4676 to speak with one of our addiction treatment experts.