Our Family Wellness Workshop is included as part of our residential and extended care programs. The two-day event provides families with the support, education, and resources they need to aid in their loved one's recovery and start healing themselves.
After completing the workshop, family members will gain a better understanding of addiction, how it has impacted their lives, and how focusing on their own well-being benefits their loved one in recovery. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- How Addiction Affects the Brain
- Exploring Family Dynamics
- Rebuilding Trust
- Addressing Guilt and Shame
- Establishing Boundaries
- Circle of Control
- The Four Agreements
- The Effect of Addiction on Self-Care
- Improving Communication Skills
- The Parallel Process of Recovery
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who have a loved one in Mountainside's residential or extended care program
- Parents, spouses, partners, siblings, etc.
- Individuals must be 18 years or older
This two-day workshop is offered every other Monday and Tuesday.
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
For more information, contact Andrea Kreisz at 860 824 1397 x 128 or [email protected]
- December 16th, 2019 - December 17th, 2019